Read my story . Share my story . change my story

***

Friday, July 12, 2013

90. The Shortest Distance

I was so burnt out on test results - graphs and number charts - that I began to look at them as if they were just another piece of junk mail. Between Savannah and Sean's documents, my files were getting thicker by the week. I took the results as seriously as I knew how,  but every time I was forced to read and sign them, I felt defeated. Thankfully they didn't report life vs. death in the physical sense. Upon reading them they sure reminded me that I was emotionally vulnerable. I could blaze through the meetings and talk about the goals and proactive measures to close the gap between typical and atypical behavior, but at the end of the day I felt so small and inadequate. It hurt a lot to feel small. In spite of this hurt, I had to push through it. There was no way around it. My work was the most important of all. My heart had to get over it.

 "The best way out is always through." ~ Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment