Read my story . Share my story . change my story

***

Friday, July 8, 2011

9. In the Game

Not everyone was delighted about the move. The transition for my husband was unwanted and difficult even though it was a good career move. It took three days to drive from Chatom. We spent two nights on the road and a third night in a hotel in Harlingen. Sean and I were sick with severe colds. Savannah was along for the ride. As soon as I could say, "thank the Lord we made it", my husband and I began to fight over man and wife issues. After being forced to stay up all night because of a very loud television, I began to wonder how this was going to work. I was scared. The excitement of a new adventure turned to fear. I was devastated. All of our possessions were on the moving van to be delivered that day. I made the decision to take the high road. I managed to calm things down by apologizing for not being sensitive to his needs. Hey, it's a fact that everyone has a point of view, it's just that not everyone is aware of it. I began playing the game. It is never good when the game begins. 

hind·sight 
n.
1. Perception of the significance and nature of events after they have occurred.
2. The rear sight of a firearm.

1 comment: