Read my story . Share my story . change my story

***

Sunday, July 14, 2013

92. A Peek Inside

Sean's love for visual dictionaries continued to grow. When it came to books, he was strictly into non-fiction. When he got the "Scholastic Visual Dictionary" in second grade, his focus shifted from animals to exotic fruits and vegetables, orchestral placement - this is when he began to compare big and little. He was into drum sets (high hat symbol) and the human body.

I was thrilled to have "conversations" with him about all of these things.

The pages with the produce had cross sectioned fruits and vegetables. With whatever veggies and fruits I had, I'd cut them in half and he would lay one side face down and the other face up. He learned about cherimoya and lychee, all of the squashes and melons. He didn't want to eat them, he just wanted to look at them.

If Sean acted up in Walmart I'd day, "If you want to see the produce, you'd better straighten up right now!" Produce as collateral, who knew?!

His fascination with fruits and veggies quickly changed to the human body. Before long he was drawing organs, meissner's corpuscle and the brain. With each obsession, I was getting more of a glimpse of how his worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment