Read my story . Share my story . change my story

***

Monday, July 11, 2011

17. It's a Good Thing He's Cute!

I know you've heard the saying, "It's a good thing he's cute!" Trust me when I tell you, it's a good thing he's cute!! I was fortunate that he was cute and pleasant when he wasn't having tantrums. He was my funny little guy. He was admired by strangers because he was so beautiful and his smile was addictive. And I would say, "It's a good thing he's cute!"

He was losing language and showing signs of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder also known as OCD. He would bring me a video tape of "Winnie Pooh" as he would say, so, I'd go to his room and put it in. A minute later he would bring it to me again and say, "Winnie Pooh". This went on again and again until he was in a full blown fit. We were living in circles. Every day we ended up in a wad on the floor, exhausted.

Circles are still very present in our life today. Circles are safe and secure. Circles are predictable. Circles are sometimes boring. Circles are sometimes maddening. Circles are predictable. Circles are safe and secure. Circles are still very present in our life today.

After each tantrum, he seemed fine. He acted like nothing even happened. I was constantly amazed. I began to look up seizures thinking maybe he had no memory because of possible complex partial seizures. It didn't fit. But the abrupt shift in mood was so bizarre. I couldn't shift so fast or easily. I knew though, that these moments were critical to our getting through the day without thoughts of windows or Mister Spoon. We were up and down and all around and around and around.

Our appointment for testing was on the books. An appointment with Neurologist Dr. Seals from San Antonio was on the books.

Where was Savannah? She was still in her own little world. Unfortunately, I was grateful for it.

3 comments:

  1. Dr. Seals was Wesley's neurologist in SATX also. I really like him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small world! We loved him too. He came to Harlingen once a month to see the kids in the Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love looking at the slideshow. You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete